1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting goldring GR1 to PC???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by adlianb, Jan 10, 2005.

1. adlianb

adlianb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've just purchased a goldring GR1 turntable and is connected to my PC soundcard. however, the sound volume produced is rather small. even after maxing out my speaker volume, it's still rather unsatisfactory. from my past experience with sony PS-LX250H, there's no such problem at all. what may cause such a problem??does using a generic Y-connector causes this??? or does GR1 lack a component compared to the sony PS-LX250H??? is there additional component i need to add?? is it because the sony comes with built-in phono pre-amp??? help pls...........

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    You need to buy a phono stage. The Sony turntable you had had a phono stage built into it albeit a very poor one. A cheap unit such as the Project Phono Box can be had for about £40. Then you just need a 2 Phono to 3.5 Jack cable from the phono stage to your soundcard.