1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Freeview TV, VCR & Sat Box

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Chris23, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Chris23

Chris23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a new Panasonic Integrated Freeview TV, an ordinary Panasonic Sky box and an old Panasonic VCR (analogue tuner) which I need to connect together. I live in a poor analogue signal area even with an amplifier. Freeview is wonderful by comparison.

If I look in the Sky manual is says Scart from each of VCR & Sky to TV & then one between Sky box & VCR.

If I look in VCR manual it says as RGB is looped in the video for Scart connections to use a daisychain of Sky Box then VCR then TV . I then turn off RF output from the video. This uses one less Scart but more importantly saves me a Scart socket on the TV which I would like.

Does either method have any other advantage/ disadvantage/ limitation over the other?

I obviously want to be able to watch Sky whilst I record something else even if only analogue - which is what I have had until I just got the new TV anyway. What I would LIKE to be able to do is to watch Sky & record Freeview AND vice versa as I choose but I don't think that I can easily achieve this with either method.

Advice please.