Quantcast

Connecting Freeview TV, VCR & Sat Box

Chris23

I have a new Panasonic Integrated Freeview TV, an ordinary Panasonic Sky box and an old Panasonic VCR (analogue tuner) which I need to connect together. I live in a poor analogue signal area even with an amplifier. Freeview is wonderful by comparison.

If I look in the Sky manual is says Scart from each of VCR & Sky to TV & then one between Sky box & VCR.

If I look in VCR manual it says as RGB is looped in the video for Scart connections to use a daisychain of Sky Box then VCR then TV . I then turn off RF output from the video. This uses one less Scart but more importantly saves me a Scart socket on the TV which I would like.

Does either method have any other advantage/ disadvantage/ limitation over the other?

I obviously want to be able to watch Sky whilst I record something else even if only analogue - which is what I have had until I just got the new TV anyway. What I would LIKE to be able to do is to watch Sky & record Freeview AND vice versa as I choose but I don't think that I can easily achieve this with either method.

Advice please.

Top Bottom