Connecting freeview box, analogue TV and DVD

mikepencoed

Standard Member
I have an analogue TV and a Freeview box (2 scarts on each), also an old DVD recorder that I want to replace. If I buy a DVD recorder with HDD and freeview tuner is it possible to connect my setup to view one channel through the freeview box and record another through the Recorder (by splitting the aerial, I have good signal strenght). I would also like to run the box and TV without having the recorder on which I could do with the old one. Here in Cornwall we no longer get analogue signals

I'm sure this info is available somewhere on the web but cannot find it, lots of other setups but not what I want. Many thanks in advance , Mike

PS Hope this is the right forum

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I have an analogue TV and a Freeview box (2 scarts on each), also an old DVD recorder that I want to replace. If I buy a DVD recorder with HDD and freeview tuner is it possible to connect my setup to view one channel through the freeview box and record another through the Recorder (by splitting the aerial, I have good signal strenght). I would also like to run the box and TV without having the recorder on which I could do with the old one. Here in Cornwall we no longer get analogue signals

I'm sure this info is available somewhere on the web but cannot find it, lots of other setups but not what I want. Many thanks in advance , Mike

PS Hope this is the right forum

Yes but you prbably don't need to split the aerial feed just chain it through the the stbs. Eg Aerial downlead to Freeview in, freeview out to new dvd recorder in, dvd recorder out to TV

Gavtech

Administrator
.... (by splitting the aerial, I have good signal strenght).

It is far better to do as Graham describes above and 'daisy chain' the aerial connections.
Splitting is undesirable and always best avoided if at all possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom