Connecting freesat box to satellite aerial

peteothepeteo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Sorry to be that person, but i am struggling with potentially a fairly basic TV issue. I moved into my house a few months ago, which has a working satelitte dish, but no working 'normal' aerial. I decided to buy a freesat box to make the best of what I had available.

The satellite dish leads to the two connections in the final picture below, and these dont fit into the two connections into the freesat box (the third picture). I've tried buying various combinations of connectors since (all of those in the first two pictures), but have had absolutely no joy in getting a successful connection. Does anyone have any idea what i might be doing wrong here?

Pete

IMG_6967 (1).jpg
IMG_6966 (1).jpg
IMG_6965 (1).jpg
IMG_6964 (1).jpg

The box in your picture doesn't look like a Freesat box due to it’s input socket.
What is the brand and model number and where did you buy it from?

You've bought a Freeview box.
It requires a terrestrial aerial not a satellite dish.
Maybe Asda will take it back and let you exchange it for a Freesat box

You've bought a Freeview box.
It requires a terrestrial aerial not a satellite dish.
Maybe Asda will take it back and let you exchange it for a Freesat box
I appreciate your help man. I knew it would be something daft like that :) will head there now.

The feed from the dish should have F-Plugs at the end of the downloads.
F-Plugs are the two on the RHS you're holding between your fingers in your first picture.

(Almost) clearly labelled Freeview HD in the picture, with model number T1 (T for terrestrial).

Return it to Asda and get the SX freesat box (if they have any) or a refund. Online Food Shopping | Grocery Delivery | ASDA Groceries

DO first check the LNB on the dish. How many connections has it got (not all may be used). If the LNB is for a $ky Q install it won't work with the Manhattan SX and need changing or the alternative is the freesat 4k box How to Get Freesat | Freesat where the recordable version is better overall value for money.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom