Connecting external speakers to LG TV

ragavtv

Novice Member
Reaction score
I've been having trouble connecting the TV to a set of external powered speakers. I have attached 3 pictures to show what model of tv it is and what I've tried to do. I'm using RCA cables but no matter where I'm plugging them in, the audio still comes out of the internal tv speakers. Can't seem to find any tv settings option to change that either. Any help would be great, cheers.

pics: Imgur

I don't think it is working as the rca cables are plugged into the input sockets. The only outputs are digital optical or the 3.5mm audio socket I believe looking at the pictures.

Someone else may be able to advise differently but I think it looks like they are only output connection options available.

There are no modern TV's made with analogue RCA audio out these days.Your only option is to use the optical out (via a D/A Convertor if your amp doesn't have optical in) or the headphone socket.

I've been having trouble connecting the TV to a set of external powered speakers. I have attached 3 pictures to show what model of tv it is and what I've tried to do. I'm using RCA cables but no matter where I'm plugging them in, the audio still comes out of the internal tv speakers. Can't seem to find any tv settings option to change that either. Any help would be great, cheers.

pics: Imgur

Looks like the 3,5mm jack is for PC audio IN to the Tv

The only output is Toslink Digital so you need a DAC before you can connect the speakers

See the user manual
lgm.jpg

Or buy a sound bar with toslink in

Or use speakers with bluetooth, the set uses bluetooth for connecting headphones again see the user manual

http://gscs-b2c.lge.com/downloadFile?fileId=KROWM000219206.pdf

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom