Question Connecting external equipment to a Tecknica TV

dfaulkner

Novice Member
Connecting external equipment to a Tecknica TV

Hi everyone

My friend bought a record player recently and asked me to set it up for him. It is an ION Air LP, which doesn't have its own internal speakers and so connects via a RCA cable.

I plugged it into the corresponding sockets on his TV, a Tecknica 32-2011 model, and selected the pertinent input source from the appropriate menu (YPbPr, as they seem to combine with the sockets that make up the Component connection). However, no sound comes out of the TV speakers.

Any advice would be appreciated.

David

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Hi David,

I had a look at the user manual for this Technika model online.
You need to use the 3 RCA Phono Composite video inputs (coloured Yellow, Red & White or Red & Black) located at the bottom of the side connection panel just above the headphone socket and select the AV input labelled as “Fav”.

dfaulkner

Novice Member
Hi JayCee

Thanks for your reply.

It's already plugged into these sockets, so I will tell my friend by email to use the 'FAV' option on the AV input selection menu.

I downloaded and scoured the instruction manual, too, but couldn't find any reference to what the 'FAV' option actually does?

I'll let you know if it works.

David

dfaulkner

Novice Member
Thanks for replying so quickly and clearing that up.

Funny, I've wired up various things to various TVs over the years, but I have never heard it called that before.

I've emailed my friend, and I might go round to his place next week, but selecting this should have solved it - I'll let you know.

Thanks again

David

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Funny, I've wired up various things to various TVs over the years, but I have never heard it called that before
I've come across it many times in customers homes.
It's the default label Vestel (the TV manufacturer) give it on Technika branded sets.

Top Bottom