Connecting everything up

O

OrigFirestarter

Hi,

Sorry I am quite new to the av stuff and I was really after some help.

I bought a Samsung 26" LE26R41B HD Ready Widescreen LCD TV with Built in Freeview, Logitech Z-5400 5.1 THX 310 W RMS Speakers, and Samsung DVD-HD850 DVD Player with HDMI.

Basically I wanted some advice on the best way to connect them all together. So far I have connected by dvd and tv together using the HDMI cable. I have connected by dvd and speakers together using a digitial coaxial cable but I can't work out the outputs on the tv to connect it to my speakers. I thought I could connect this using an optical cable but I can't find the right socket. If I can get that working then I don't need the cable between the dvd and tv.

Any help would be very useful.

Thanks

THE WAY I WOULD DO IT IS AN AUDIO SIGNAL OUT OF THE SET INTO A DECENT AMPLIFIER. SOME OF THESE SETS HAVE RCA PHONO OUTPUTS FOR THE LEFT AND RIGHT CHANNELS:cool:

OrigFirestarter said:
I bought a Samsung 26" LE26R41B HD Ready Widescreen LCD TV with Built in Freeview, Logitech Z-5400 5.1 THX 310 W RMS Speakers, and Samsung DVD-HD850 DVD Player with HDMI.

The way I'd suggest is as follows:

DVD into TV via HDMI cables (as you are doing)
DVD Audio Out via optical cable into Logitech. (Not into TV)
TV Audio out via twin Phono cable into Logitech. (Freeview audio through the Logitech)

The reason being, if your DVD player has optical audio out, you should route that straight to your Logitech, rather than put it into the TV and then try and feed it out.

Thats great.

DVD into TV via HDMI cables (as you are doing) <-- already doing
DVD Audio Out via optical cable into Logitech. (Not into TV) <-- already doing using digital coaxial cable
TV Audio out via twin Phono cable into Logitech. (Freeview audio through the Logitech) <-- I looked at this but there isn't a connection into the logitech box for the right, left phono cables. that's the problem.

I was more interested especially if anyone else has the tele whether it has digitial audio out? the only audio out i can find it to phono which doesn't really help.

with the other reply I don't want to buy an addition amp.

I think the easiest way to do it might be to get phono to mini jack cables. not ideal but maybe i might some sound through it.

OrigFirestarter said:
TV Audio out via twin Phono cable into Logitech. (Freeview audio through the Logitech) <-- I looked at this but there isn't a connection into the logitech box for the right, left phono cables. that's the problem.

Ah right, I misunderstood your original post. What connections have you got left on the Logitech?

You won't need a separate amp, as the Logitech control unit will be receiving the connections in the same way an amp does (although it may not have as many connections as a 'proper' AV amp).

So really it's a case of finding what output you've got on your TV for audio, and what input you've got spare on the Logitech.

The logitech control set has 3 digital inputs, 1 digitial coaxial and 2 optical. It also has three connections, labelled front, back, sub with mini jack sockets which look similar to those on the back of a pc creative 5.1 sound card.

In terms of the tv the only audio out I can find is the the red/white phono cables. However, I can't believe this is the only way of getting audio out of the tele, I had expected some sort of digital audio out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom