1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Everything Together!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by kevincaldwell, Aug 18, 2003.

1. kevincaldwell

kevincaldwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Peeps

I'm new here and I really hope you can help me out :)

Basically I have a Samsung PS-42P3SX on the way, and I want to get everything connected through the one RGB Scart it has. A Samsung Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio/DVD System will be providing the sound for the system. I also have a Sky Panasonic TU-DSB40 Digibox, an X-Box and GameCube (both have Scarts!).

TV - PS-42P3SX: 2 x Scart or Comp-1 RCA (W,R) only
    AV1 (In/out selection: Scart)
    Audio (Comp-1 option)
    AV2 (In/out selection: Scart)
    Audio (Comp-2 option)
    S-Video In (mini Din-4 pin), RCA: S-Video+ Audio (L/R) + Video in
    Video In
    RGB (PC) Input (D-Sub 15 pin), RCA: PC + Audio (L/R) Input
    DVI, RCA (W,R): DV1-D + Audio (L/R) Input
    RF Input : Tuner
    Home Theatre System - HT-DB120: Video in: Composite
    Video out: Component
    Composite
    S-Video
    Optical: in
    Scart
    Audio: in
    Headphone Out

Okay I have worked out I need a Scart Switcher, and have my eyes on the
    Trilogy2 Scart Extender. I know that I'll have to connect the Digibox via the RCA Stereo inputs on the DVD player to get sound.... so how do I do this for my X-box and Gamecube??

It's all way too confusing, someone help!!! Can I get an audio switcher too :p

Please help peeps :)

2. kevincaldwell

kevincaldwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I may have got it! :)

If I use the QUINTRO+ Home Entertainment Control Centre

I can connect all my SCART Devices to the the Box so they are sent to the TV, and then use the RCA Audio Out ports to go to the DVD Dolby 5.1 System, hence getting the Audio from all the devices connected... tell me I am correct?

If I do this will I need a Scart Lead that transmits Audio & Video from the Sky Digibox to the QUINTRO+?

Since the DVD Player is already the Audio source I won't need to connect this to itself, so hence would it be best to use a RGB only Scart lead to connect it to the QUINTRO+?

Let me know - and I don't suppose anyone knows of any connection box smaller than the QUINTRO+, as it's pretty huge, and I'm running out of space!!

Kevin

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    The holden has had some good reviews mate Quintro pretty mixed!
    Have a search for both on here and a lot will turn up Basically all video sources into "box" on good scarts and audio direct to amp vian whatever (optical for Xbox, Coax for DVD, and analogue for cube and sky)

4. kevincaldwell

kevincaldwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay the Holden HSR1000 does look much, much better, especially as the sound can go through an optical input which should in theory result in no loss of quality, hurrah!

However I did read that it was causing out of range problems with plasma's (which is what i'll be getting), so this might not be so good!

Anyhow thanks for that tip, with much luck I'll be able to test it out in theory :)