CONNECTING EQUIPMENT TO LOGITECH Z906

Bobbie

Hi there. I am completely new to this forum so please make allowances for my lack of knowledge.
My JVC TH-R1 cinema surround sound system has been destroyed in a storm which wiped out a lot of equipment here in this French village, so I have just ordered a Logitech Z906 system to replace it, which has not yet arrived.
I see from the on-line manual for this system that there are a very limited number of connections available on the rear of the unit, and no HDMI or scart sockets at all.
I am planning to buy a smart TV, (possibly a Samsung), a CD/DVD player and also want to connect my DUAL 505-2 record deck to the system in order to enjoy my vinyl collection.
I suspect that I might have to use Bluetooth in order to make this all possible, but cannot find a 40" smart tv's with Bluetooth.
Can anyone please advise in simple terms exactly how I can connect these items all to the Logitech Z906 system please, and exactly what items I need to buy to do this.
Thank you very much in advance for any help and advice you can give me.

Bobbie

Hi again
I have just checked my other equipment, and I believe that I may be able to use my Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EX95VEBS for playing CD's and DVD's, as it has an HDMI socket, 2 Scart sockets, S Video out, Audio out, Video out and Component Video out as well. (I thought that it might be too old, but it is very versatile, being a hard disc recorder, plus cd/dvd drive for playback and recording, plus video cassette playback and recording.
My big question is how best to connect it, my record deck and a new, smart tv together for best results with the Logitech Z906 please, I really am a beginner with this, and exact details of cables needed etc would be most gratefully accepted.
Thank you very much.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Conect your HDMI Sources to the TV - ensure you spec a TV with 3 or more HDMI Inputs + an Optical Digital Audio Output to give you some flexibility.

Connect the TV Optical Digital Audio Output to one of the Optical Digital Inputs on the Logitech Hub.

You will need to add a Phono RCA to Line 'Turntabl' Preamp to the Dual CS-505-2 Turntable - you connect the Output of the Phono Preamp to the Red and White RCA Input on the Logitech Hub.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom