1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting DVI-I to HDMI

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by calvinhobbes, Feb 15, 2005.

1. calvinhobbes

calvinhobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

I need to connect my PC DVI-I output to the HDMI on my HS50. Can I use etiher a DVI cable or HDMI with a DVI-HDMI connector? Are all cables two way?

Thanks

2. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    There are DVI-HDMI cables out there. The DVI end is DVI-D. I am yet to find a DVI-I to HDMI adaptor.

Richie.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,592
    calvinhobbes

You can use a straight DVI to HDMI cable or you can use a DVI to DVI or an HDMI to HDMI cable with suitable adapters.

See http://www.hdmiplanet.com/adapters.html

Keep in mind your HDMI input is a 'Video' input - you may need to set your PC to 720P@50 or 60 Hz before you get an image; you'll need to look in the HS50 handbook to find out what signals it accepts via the HDMI socket.

Best regards

Joe

4. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    A little thread resurrection here. I am wondering if I made a poor call in choosing cables to put in the wall. I put in DVI-I, and as I remember it is fully connected (ie.e. digital and analogue). Don't want the analogue at all, but I didn't really understand the difference at the time (yes I know, I should have checked more). However, the Sagem DLP screen I had went phut, and I am going to replace it with something with an HDMI connector .... but to use it I need to connect the DVI-I cable to an HDMI plug.

Sooo, I'm wondering if anyone has found a DVI-I -> HDMI adaptor or cable yet? All the ones I have seen have blanks for the four analogue pins, so it won't connect. I guess I could get some pliers and simply rip the four pins out of course ...

Thoughts?

Cheers

Greg

5. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9