Connecting DVD with video

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Herr Gone, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Herr Gone

Herr Gone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Toshiba RD-XS32 DVD recorder but I am not sure how to connect it with my TV and video recorder set up, as the DVD instructions are not very clear.
    The Toshiba DVD has 2 scart connections, one is labelled AV1 (audio/video) in/out and the other is labelled AV2 (sat/decoder) in/out.
    The TV is a Sony KV-25C5B which has 2 scart connections on the rear of the set. One is labelled with a 2-way arrow, the number 1 and then an arrow pointing to 3 small circles. The second connection is labelled with a 2-way arrow, the number 2 and then an arrow pointing to the letter S. (I don't have the instruction booklet for the TV).
    The video recorder is a Panasonic NV-SD280EG which has 2 scart connections, one is labelled AV1(TV) and the other AV2(decoder/ext).
    I have read that connecting DVD players and video recorders in the same set up can cause poor play back quality of the DVD player, although I don't know if this is true.
    It would be much appreciated if someone could advise me on how to connect my system in a way that the DVD performance will not be degraded.

Thanks.