connecting dvd to lcd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Akcron, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Akcron

Akcron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi , i was going to buy a tosh 350e upscaling dvd player to go with my 27wl56 tosh lcd ,,,,the HD input on the tosh is thru the vga input ..i am having trouble find a hdmi to vga cable , can anyone help please ? also what will the pic quality be like when upscaled when playing back a standard dvd film? sorry silly question but im new to this ...and if i cant get a cable how can i do it?? thx for any answers Akky :thumbsup:

2. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
  3. Akcron

Akcron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    good idea....would so many conections degrade the pic quality thou? also have the pieces got to state HD compliant? anyway thx again ijd :thumbsup: Akky

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    I think even without all the connectors it would be questionable as to whether the pic would be better than standard component for example. One of the "selling points" of DVI/HDMI is that it removes the necessity for D->A->D conversion, simply adding extra gadgetry will remove even this benefit...PJ

5. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Adapter won't affect quality as it is a digital signal with error correcting codes built in.

this was a quote made by scarty in a different thread but still about the use of adapters,

my own theory.. a digital signal is binary so it either works well or badly with little in the middle,whereas analogue uses a wave sine so is susceptable to loss