Connecting DVD to AV equipment HELP!!!!

ajwatson

Established Member
Reaction score
Help please.

Ive got a Samsung HT-THX25 all in one cinima system, is it possible to just use this as a standard DVD player and connect it to an Amplifier?

I wanna do this because ive read on here that there is no way to get true 5.1 through sky and my xbox and that its just an effect the system creates to make you think your getting 5.1. Is this true?

Your system is VERY limited, basically 1 stereo input and no audio outputs.
As with most all-in-one systems they are very limited in what they can handle.
Separates all the way really if you want 5.1, lots of 5.1 inputs and the flexibility of upgrading without having to throw the whole system away.
If you do go down that route look for a AV separates system with at least 3 optical inputs. In your case DVD, SKY, Xbox and even better get one with a spare for the future.
No matter how flash looking a all-in-one system is, or what looks cost effective at first in the long run I personally think they are a pain.
1. No upgrade path
2. One bit goes wrong then throw it all away.
3. Lack of inputs.
Unfortunatley there are more negatives than positives.

I doubt you can connect it to an external amplifier as all the decoding and amplification is done internally and there will probably be no way to send any signal digitally as it won't have any outputs. Sell it on as a whole to put towards a proper setup would be my advice.

If the only inputs it has for external sources are analogue (red/white) then yes, the best you will get will be a pseudo effect.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom