1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting dvd player using HDMI ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Fontie, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Fontie

Fontie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Ive just got a Samsung 950 dvd player and cannot get a picture connecting with hdmi to my Samsung H5 all i get is a light blue screen. I conected using component and it works fine. Anyone know why it wont work using hdmi :confused:

2. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    something in the setup menu on the dvd, i think you need to turn on digital output maybe?

3. Fontie

Fontie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I dont know what im doing wrong here the tv see's the hdmi because when i turn the dvd player on the no signal disapears but all im left with is a light blue screen and the hdmi light on the dvd isnt lit only the progressive. im missing something easy here i can feel it just dont know what :suicide: Help please

4. ukdan

ukdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Faulty cable, faulty socket maybe or a faulty dvd player. Try taking the dvd player to a retailer to try.....

5. Fontie

Fontie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I was afraid you'd say the faulty word. When i pluged the hdmi lead into the dvd it was a tight fit but when i pluged other end into the tv it wasnt nearly as tight a fit. I'll do as you say and take the dvd to currys or comit and see if it works but ive a horrible feeling its the H5 hdmi socket thats faulty.

I just looked at the hdmi socket on the TV and it looks like one of the small gold contacts has bent back into the socket :rolleyes: it must have been standing sightly proud and i caught it putting the cable in. Ill have to have a closer look to-morrow as there's no one here at the moment to help take it off its stand. Im hoping i can caefuly bent the contact back, Would this be covered on the warranty the tv is only 16 days old.

Theres no way i could do anything with this the contacts are pushed right back into the socket and i cant even see where they should lay. Im going to phone DigiUK and get this sorted under warranty all i did was plug in the lead and this has hapened or it was like it :eek: