1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting DVD player to TV thro Freeview box

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by abz_da_man, Jan 25, 2005.

1. abz_da_man

abz_da_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I connect a DVD player to my freeview box, then connect the freeview box to my TV and the DVD player will play on my TV??

Also can Freeview work with a decent amplified portable aerial??

2. abz_da_man

abz_da_man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone??

3. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    As long as your freeview box has a scart socket which can accept an input, rather than just being output enabled, there is no reason why this shouldn't work. However, bear in mind that even if this is possible, the chance of being able to send the DVD's RGB signal through the Freeview tuner is minimal. You'll probably be restricted to a poor composite signal - not nice. It may be a better idea to invest in a decent RGB-enabled scart switching box, allowing both Freeview tuner and DVD player to output RGB signals to the TV.

Regarding your aerial question, it is possible that an amplified portable aerial may work, however there are too many factors involved (location, geography, storey, surrounding buildings, distance from transmitter, etc.) to be able to answer your question with any confidence. It may be a case of "suck it and see" - I'm pessimistic that it would work though.

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    It can be done on the Philips digi box, but it caused coloured streeks, not sure if its the box or the scart leads.
    Nigel