Connecting DVD player to Home Theatre?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Stevie Boy, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Stevie Boy

Stevie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.
    Bought a home theatre all-in-one (JVC THA5R I think), which has turned out to be a bad move :mad: Discs have always been skipping - now won't play anything (Keeps 'Loading' but never finds). This is now 18months old so I can't return. My question, as a newbie, is can I by a new DVD player but utilise the amplifier and speakers of the JVC? After good reviews I'm considering a Toshiba SD240E as my additional DVD player. I Know I'll need the audio in/out plugs but I've tested this and it didn't work - the only spare output I can see on the JVC is something called a Coaxial????
    I need to know if above could work - or what features I should be looking for. Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.
    My 3 year old is desperate for his favourite Brum DVD (once I've scraped the jam off - which admittedly doesn't help!!!)
    Cheers S

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the Forums.

You will need an Input on the JVC that will take the DD5.1 stream from the player. This will be either optical or co-axial.

The co-ax output you have found is no good for connecting to a player, it's probably for connection to an external amp.

Dave

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,493
    Hi

Another welcome to the forums.
    You posted this in the DVD talk forum which is to quote the description on the main menu 'Discussing DVDs. Talking about DVD suppliers and prices, discs good and bad, release date, specs and compatibility issues.'

I have moved this to the DVD players forum where you may get more response.

Hope your find your answer.

Cheers
    Greg