Connecting DV Camcorder to DVD Recorder DV Input

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tuoyo-E, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Tuoyo-E

Tuoyo-E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I own a Canon MV750i DV Camcorder and a Panasonic DMR E65 DVD Recorder. The DVD recorder has a DV input for connecting DV Camcorders. In order to connect the camcorder and DVD recorder digitally I bought a 4pin to 4pin firewire cable. However when I connected the devices and selected DV input on the DVD recorder I was faced with nothing but a blank screen. I thought this might be due to the fact that I was using a cheap firewire cable and so bought a much more expensive cable. However, I still get no result when I connect the devices. I am beginning to wonder whether the DVD recorder is incompatible with non-Panasonic camcorders and that I might have wasted my money going for the E65 for the DV input when it is unable to connect digitally with my camcorder. Does anyone have any experience on connecting camcorders to DVD recorders via DV input?

2. trampas

trampas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connecting my Panasonic camcorder NV-GS11 to my Toshiba RD-XS32 recorder with a firewire cable just worked straight away. The recorder detected the name and model of the camcorder and transferring the video was then very easy.

3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    DV is a standard, so it should just work. I had no trouble with my Sony camcorder and Toshiba recorder.

Silly question, you did turn the camcorder on (in VCR mode, not camera mode), right?

Mark

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    ....and you did select the 'DV' input on the Pan recorder?

5. Tuoyo-E

Tuoyo-E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes I have selected VCR mode on the camcorder and selected dv input on the dvd recorder but I still get a blank screen.