1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting DirecTV Receiver to Computer - HELP!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by ryboy, Oct 23, 2005.

1. ryboy

ryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's my situation. I have my hdtv receiver hooked up to my 2005fpw through vga. That's working. As for the audio, I need some help. Here's my specs:

Logitech x220 speakers
    Soundblaster Live Soundcard
    dell 2005fpw monitor
    radeon 9600se
    HDTV digital receiver PROSCAN

I tried to get the audio on my speakers by using a rca to line in jack. I plugged the rca cables (red and white) into the hdtv receiver and the line in jack into every port on my soundcard and no noise came in. Does the soundblaster live not have line in.

Could I hook up the sound into my video card using a dongle I have (it has the rca jacks on the dongle). Plug the red and white cables into the receiver and then get a cable that also has a red and white cable on the other end to put into the dongle?

Is there something I'm missing? Any other options?

2. ryboy

ryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump!

3. ryboy

ryboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump!

4. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +367
    Morning - most of us are in the UK here, so watch out for the time difference (sorry can't answer your question, someone else probably will)

lisa