Connecting Denon CD player to Denon receiver

agcdavison

Novice Member
I am trying to connect a Denon DCD-425 CD player to a Denon AVRX2100W receiver. I have a standard red/white audio cable, and am trying to use the 'CD' channel. But am unable to hear anything. I can get playback through the headphone jack so I know the CD payer works. Can anyone advise what I may be doing wrong, or why I cannot hear any playback? Thanks

FootHealer

Hi,

I'm guessing the receiver is set to "CD" when you try and play it, so perhaps it is the RCA out on the CD player or the RCA in on the receiver. Have you tried plugging the CD player into a different RCA input, say DVD? If it works on any of the other RCA connections, but not on the CD input, then its the input that is faulty.

If it doesn't work on any of the RCA inputs, can you plug another RCA compatible unit in to the receiver's RCA connection, even your phone with a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable, to see if it will work? If other items work, but not the CD player, then the CD player is faulty.

This should narrow down the problematic issue.

gibbsy

You have to assign the analogue channel as below:

Input Assign​

By making connections as indicated by the input sources printed on the audio/video input connectors of this unit, you can just press one of the input source select buttons to easily play back audio or video from a connected device.
Please change the assignment of the HDMI input connector, digital audio input connector, analog audio input connector, component video input connector and video input connector when connecting an input source that differs from that printed to the audio/video input connectors of this unit.
GUI InputAssign AVRX2100WE2

By default, each item is set as follows.

Input sourceInput connector
HDMIDIGITALANALOGCOMPVIDEO
CBL/SAT​
1OPT21COMP1
DVD​
Blu-ray​
Game​
Media Player​
TV Audio​
OPT1
AUX1​
Front
AUX2​
CD​

TV set top box/satellite users please note​

When using the digital audio output on a TV/satellite box:
To play the video signal assigned to “HDMI” combined with the audio signal assigned at “Input Assign” - “DIGITAL”, you will also need to select “Digital” in the “Input Mode”. link

agcdavison

Novice Member
You have to assign the analogue channel as below:

Input Assign​

By making connections as indicated by the input sources printed on the audio/video input connectors of this unit, you can just press one of the input source select buttons to easily play back audio or video from a connected device.
Please change the assignment of the HDMI input connector, digital audio input connector, analog audio input connector, component video input connector and video input connector when connecting an input source that differs from that printed to the audio/video input connectors of this unit.
GUI InputAssign AVRX2100WE2

By default, each item is set as follows.

Input sourceInput connector
HDMIDIGITALANALOGCOMPVIDEO
CBL/SAT​
1OPT21COMP1
DVD​
Blu-ray​
Game​
Media Player​
TV Audio​
OPT1
AUX1​
Front
AUX2​
CD​

TV set top box/satellite users please note​

When using the digital audio output on a TV/satellite box:
To play the video signal assigned to “HDMI” combined with the audio signal assigned at “Input Assign” - “DIGITAL”, you will also need to select “Digital” in the “Input Mode”. link
That was exactly the problem...I hadn't assigned the analog channel correctly. Have done it now and it is working fine. Thanks a million for your help!

agcdavison

Novice Member
Hi,

I'm guessing the receiver is set to "CD" when you try and play it, so perhaps it is the RCA out on the CD player or the RCA in on the receiver. Have you tried plugging the CD player into a different RCA input, say DVD? If it works on any of the other RCA connections, but not on the CD input, then its the input that is faulty.

If it doesn't work on any of the RCA inputs, can you plug another RCA compatible unit in to the receiver's RCA connection, even your phone with a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable, to see if it will work? If other items work, but not the CD player, then the CD player is faulty.

This should narrow down the problematic issue.
Thanks for your advice. It turns out that I hadn't assigned the input correctly. Have fixed it now and it's working fine now. Thanks again for taking the time to help.

FootHealer

Thanks for your advice. It turns out that I hadn't assigned the input correctly. Have fixed it now and it's working fine now. Thanks again for taking the time to help.
No worries :) I sort of assumed you'd already done that. My bad ;) Glad you got it sorted...

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom