Connecting denon 550 to old TV & NTL analogue?!?!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by sigh, Nov 4, 2005.

1. sigh

sigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

Wasn't sure where to post this one .. technically not an all in one system .. but sold as a bundled all in one. :thumbsup:

Treated myself to the 550SD and i just unpacked it, looks great! Then just realised i have ntl analogue and a tv with only scarts :oops:

I think i have a plan on how to connect it all ut i was wondering if anyone has ever had to connect lovely kit like this to some old junk. New TV with component in planned for next year but stuck with this for now.

I plan to connect dvd to amp by component (all part of the 550 package) and then ntl coax into video and then video into amp using scart to svideo.
    Then svideo out to scart on tv.

Is this a plan .. and is there any improvements i could make other than replacing the NTL box or the TV :) Any help greatly appreciated. I had a previous system DAV-S888 with kv32 sony TV but this was a true all in one and the TV had video input so it was much easier.

Thanks

Sigh

2. sigh

sigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Optical digital between the two (for sound only i believe) .. and then do i need to connect them with the yellow video cable too to pass the picture throught the AV system so it goes to the TV via the denon?

Hmmm

Ta.

Sigh

3. sigh

sigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    component video and digital optical between the DVd and the AV and then svideo to scart between the AV and the TV (yellow svideo only no sound required) and then svideo to scart between AC and video player (all 3 required).

Thats my latest plan, got the cables and plug it together tonight .. wish me luck as i clearly have some learning to do still!

Sigh

4. sigh

sigh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You know it is really a shame that no one took the time to help me out here. I'm new to the forums and asked for a little help.

Nw i'm giving something back by helping others out from my experience .. and in case your concerned .. i got it all working :>