1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting denon 500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by bluevortex, Feb 15, 2005.

1. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I am using the following connections for video on my PW7:

DVD - Component connection to plasma
    Sky - Scart - VGA to plasma

Does the denon come with the leads i require to hear sound for both of these?
    Obviously DVD is no problem as it is connected through component but how do i achieve sound from sky???

Sorry for being dumb but i have my new kit arriving on thursday and i want to be prepared to get it all running in the way of leads etc

incase you didnt guess im a newbie to this

2. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure what type of Sky you have - Sky, Sky Digital or Sky+? I think this will effect which type of connection you use.

I have Sky+ and connect it to my Denon 500 via an optical cable (TOSlink), so I get Dolby Digital on selected channels (e.g. Sky Movies) However, I don't think the other flavours of Sky have the optical out. But that's just my guess, so I'm happy to bow to someone elses superior knowledge :)

3. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yes only Sky+ has an optical output. If you are using another digibox just use plain old phono cables.