connecting Denon 3803 to TV via component

fusion1296

Standard Member
Hi all,
need some advice , i have a denon 3803 , connected to it is a Xbox HI def and dvd ( connected via Component cable ) at the moement i have a cheap component cable from the 8303 output to my TV , i am hoping that if i upgrade this very cheap cable that the picture will improve but i am not sure what i should expect to pay , i have seen cables for £8 up to £150 , the cable needs to be 2 M .
the cables connect the xbox and DVD to the 3803 are 0.5 component cables and cost about £15 each , what should i be spending on the 2 M cable ?? thanks :)

fusion1296

Standard Member
Hi Filbert ,
thanks for your advice , if i go for that cable as my cables between my dvd and xbox to the amp are much cheaper than that would it be a good idea to change them also and if so could i go for a cheaper IXos 1713 cable as they only need to be 1M max , what i am saying is do i need to get such a good quaility cable if the run is shorter ?? i guess the Supra is better quality than the IXOS ?

Filbert

Novice Member
Yes, I'd say it would be worthwhile changing them too. As you suggest probably not much point in having cheap component video cables going in, and then having a decent one going out! Yes, as you would expect the Supra is a better cable, however for the money, the Ixos one is not bad at all! For a few quid more than the ixos you could also consider the P-CV1 from QED. It comes in 1m, 3m and 5m lengths as standard.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom