Connecting Daewoo DF-4700P to TV without SCART

Christoc

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I bought a 'DVD Recorder + VCR' model: Daewoo DF-4700P many months ago to record some special memories off VCRs and 8MM tapes.

Now i have time to start looking into getting it working ive found i dont actually know what im doing!
I thought it would be easy, but im facing challenges as it doesnt look like my TV is compatible ( 'Samsung UE43NU7020' ).

It came with:
- SCART cable
- 2 Coaxial Cables and
- a small unit that has a male and female SCART port and a Red, White, Yellow input, (The wording saying "TO AV SOURCE" below the Male SCART, "TO TRANSMITTER" above the R,W,Y input and "TO TV" above the female SCART. See attached pic.

Maybe do i just need to buy an RCA Audio cable to go fro the device to the TV? and then plug the device into the Daewoo box?!

All advice really appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Device.png
    Device.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 84
Your TV is the limiting factor here.
It has no analogue inputs whatsoever and the only way to use the DVD-VCR is via RF.
Connect your aerial to the aerial input on the LG and connect the RF out on it (with one of the supplied coax cables) to the TV's aerial input.
Play a tape or a DVD and tune your TV on it's analogue tuner (consult your TV's user manual on how to if you don't know) to RF CH52 which is the default RF output channel of the LG.

Thanks JayCee
Sorry, some follow ups!

It’s a Samsung not LG... is it still channel 52?

When you talk about aerial you mean the coax cable yes? (I don’t have an aerial on the tv as have sky q)
I think this is what you’ve said... but just want to be clear :)

thanks again

I'm pretty certain DF-4700P is an LG and not a Samsung model no.
Please double check (the label on the rear) the brand and model number of the DVD-VCR before we go any further.

Sorry Jaycee. I thought you meant the TV...! big apologies.

DF-4700P is a Daewoo. See new image uploaded.

Attachments

• Daewoo.png
    Daewoo.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 75
Yes, thought it was an LG.
Just follow what I suggested with one change.
Since you don't use an aerial you only need to use one of the supplied coax cables from the DVD-VCR to the TV. So connect the female end to the RF out and the male end to your TV's aerial socket.
Go into your TV's tuning/setup menu and select analogue tuning.

Hi JayCee
I gave it a go and unfortunately i was not too successful.

I connected the coax cable as described (and obviously plugged in the unit! (so these are the only connections i have).

I then tried to find a setting on the TV to turn it to analogue, but this is where i fell down...

I tried settings>broadcasting> auto tuning settings are here but noting re analogue

There is an 'external device manager' setting in general - but this doesnt seem to be relevant.

In 'connection guide' there are lots of options e.g. console, audio device, accessory, disc player - but this directs you on what cables to use (mostly HDMI).

Re channel 52, i was unable to turn the TV to any channel that wasnt 4 digits (i assume because i was unable to change it to analogue?)

Thanks again

With a disc or tape playing just do an autotune.
Although you have no aerial connected select the TV input with the TV remote's source or input button. You may see a message stating no channels are tuned and it may offer to start an autotune.
Confirm this and when it's finished try looking for the signal using the channel up/down on the remote.
You may find it's stored it under Prog 1 e.g. using the Channel down button go 3,2,1, then another push may reveal the analogue channel.

Brilliant ! Worked a treat... thanks so much!

just need to get used to the unit now

Glad to hear it 👍
Hi JayCee - i could do with more help if possible! regarding recording....

Yesterday I had successfully recorded from VCR to a DVR- DVD (About 20 minute video).

Now i am struggling to record a longer VCR (2hrs +) to the same type of DVR- DVD (Ive also tried a DVD+ DVD).
NB: Conscious of length i set recording not to SP but to EP.
The errors have included:
- Disc not recognised (even though it is new and exact same as one that worked yesterday)
- Seems to record OK, but when complete the 'Finalize' is not bolded to be an option

Really appreciate any advice on this :)

Hi JayCee - i could do with more help if possible! regarding recording....

Yesterday I had successfully recorded from VCR to a DVR- DVD (About 20 minute video).

Now i am struggling to record a longer VCR (2hrs +) to the same type of DVR- DVD (Ive also tried a DVD+ DVD).
NB: Conscious of length i set recording not to SP but to EP.
The errors have included:
- Disc not recognised (even though it is new and exact same as one that worked yesterday)
- Seems to record OK, but when complete the 'Finalize' is not bolded to be an option

Really appreciate any advice on this :)
Update... im having more success now. the problem seems to be that some DVDs are not "auto initializing" and i dont know a way to manually do that (any tips appreciated!)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom