connecting currant surroundsound sound blu ray player system to a new 3d blu ray play

markhaigh74

Standard Member
Reaction score
would i be able to connect the surround sound speakers from a samsung HT-BD1252 blu ray home cinema system to a TOSHIBA BDX3200 3D Blu-ray Player?any help would be much appreciated,as i want a new 3d tv,but would need to buy a new 3d blu ray player,as well but want to still be able to make use of my surround sound speakers,

many thanks

mark

You will need 1 x digi-coax cable, 1 x digi-coax to optical converter (not the other way around) and 1 x optical cable.

The BDP has digi-coax digital out and the home cinema system has two optical inputs.

thanks fo the reply,cant find these cables anywhere,what if i stuck with samsung for the 3d blu ray player,wopuld that be ok,or would i have to get these cables also?

Is your Samsung home cinema system 3D? If you want to connect the Toshiba to the Samsung system you will need to buy a digi-coax cable and an optical cable as per my first reply.

You don't normally get any cables with equipment unless it's a package. You might have got a HDMI cable or composite video cable (yellow/red/white) but it would be very unusual to receive any digital audio cables.

no my currant samsung blu ray surround sound system isnt 3d,so if i got a 3d tv i would need to buy a 3d blu ray player,but samsung 3d blu ray players with surround sound systems are £319

If you already own the Toshiba, I wouldn't buy another home cinema system w/ built in bluray player. What would be the point in having two players? If you plan on expanding the setup with games consoles, sat/cable etc. then I would replace the all-in-one down the road with separates but if not, stick with what you have. That said, I wouldn't bother with 3D (sorry).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom