• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

connecting currant surroundsound sound blu ray player system to a new 3d blu ray play

markhaigh74

Standard Member
would i be able to connect the surround sound speakers from a samsung HT-BD1252 blu ray home cinema system to a TOSHIBA BDX3200 3D Blu-ray Player?any help would be much appreciated,as i want a new 3d tv,but would need to buy a new 3d blu ray player,as well but want to still be able to make use of my surround sound speakers,

many thanks

mark

markhaigh74

Standard Member
thanks fo the reply,cant find these cables anywhere,what if i stuck with samsung for the 3d blu ray player,wopuld that be ok,or would i have to get these cables also?

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Is your Samsung home cinema system 3D? If you want to connect the Toshiba to the Samsung system you will need to buy a digi-coax cable and an optical cable as per my first reply.

You don't normally get any cables with equipment unless it's a package. You might have got a HDMI cable or composite video cable (yellow/red/white) but it would be very unusual to receive any digital audio cables.

markhaigh74

Standard Member
no my currant samsung blu ray surround sound system isnt 3d,so if i got a 3d tv i would need to buy a 3d blu ray player,but samsung 3d blu ray players with surround sound systems are £319

davepuma

Distinguished Member
If you already own the Toshiba, I wouldn't buy another home cinema system w/ built in bluray player. What would be the point in having two players? If you plan on expanding the setup with games consoles, sat/cable etc. then I would replace the all-in-one down the road with separates but if not, stick with what you have. That said, I wouldn't bother with 3D (sorry).

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom