Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Connecting computer to plasma

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by cablecar, Aug 12, 2004.

1. cablecar

cablecar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Have just bought Panasonic TH37PA20 TV and want to connect a PC to acheive best picture quality particulary with video but would also like to get windows to look good, also a requirement to connect Xbox.

The set has a front mounted 15 pin VGA socket which is the obvious choice, but is a pain because it looks untidy with a cable hanging out the front.

Has anyone had any success using 15 pin VGA to scart (RGB) with plasmas, what quality should I expect in comapison to using the VGA socket.

PC graphics card ATI 9800 series with DVI, S-video and vga outputs.

Cablecar

2. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I havent tried with vga to scart but have used the s vid from my media center pc to my plasma,the image was awfull,ive since found even with a 15meter vga lead the image from my pc is so good even cable tv via my pc looks better that my standalone dvd via svid. Its a big enough improvment to make me drill holes through 3 walls big enough to get a vga plug through !