Connecting "Coax Out" from LCD TV to Headphones

finst3r

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a cheapo LCD TV/DVD Combi connected to an Xbox 360 via HDMI and I would like to connect some wireless headphones to it.

The problem is that the headphone socket is really inaccessible so is next to useless if I want to keep plugging/unplugging.

The only other audio connection I can see on the TV is "coax out" - it's an orange phono socket.

Am I right in thinking that this signal will output sound for all sources (analogue TV, DVD, Xbox 360), or just the digital ones? Also, would I have to feed this signal into a separate amp, or are there wireless headphones that I could plug directly into?

Thanks in advance...

How about an extension lead for the headphone socket so you can have it somewhere less inaccessible?

With the digital coax output you will need to test it and see what it actually does output as it could be anything from just the DVD sound through to any sound the TV plays.

How about an extension lead for the headphone socket so you can have it somewhere less inaccessible?
Thanks - wouldn't this permanently stop the sound coming out of the TV though, if the extension is plugged in? (I want it so that sound comes through the TV unless I am using the headphones)

With the digital coax output you will need to test it and see what it actually does output as it could be anything from just the DVD sound through to any sound the TV plays.
Hmmm, yes, thought this may be the case. Is there an easy (& cheap) way to tell if anything is being output before I commit myself to buying an amp??

Thanks again.

Hi all, hope everyone is well.

Newbie here!! :p

I hope someone can help...

I have just brought a Grundig GU22DVD 22" LCD TV, but have found out there's no headphone socket :(

Is it possible to run my headphones through into a coax input connector? I'm not sure if there are any adapters available or what so could really do with some help/advice.

Thanks in advance.

Ash :hiya:

Hi there,

Sorry, I didn't get anywhere with this.

Your best bet is probably some 5.1 speakers that have a coax input and a headphone socket.

Not sure if the audio will be output on coax for all of your sources though (i.e. DVD, TV, anything else you might have connected). I was hoping of a quick and dirty way to tell if anything is output before shelling out too much but I couldn't think of anything.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers.

I would be inclined to post this over in the LCD TV forum section, you should get plenty of input there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom