1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting centre rear speaker to 3803?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by lotusman1, Nov 17, 2003.

1. lotusman1

lotusman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Exactly binding posts to i connect a centre rear to on the back of my denon 3803?

Regards marc.

2. lotusman1

lotusman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    sorry should read exactly "which"!

3. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    ahhh... i've had this one basically it depends on how you configure the amp - speaker config on the on screen GUI.

But without checking I have 4 rears - basically two either side of the listening position (rear effect channel) and then two behind which act as mono channel(s) and effectively the rear channel. When you stick into 7.1 mode it all changes of course. I don't think you you can use the multiroom function when using this config - its either 5.1 and multiroom or 6.1 / 7.1 and no multiroom. Check out the manaul a little closer it should tell you.

If your still stuck reply back and i'll fire up my amp (my plasma is out of action so not an easy job my 15" LCD doesn't have component feeds! - oh.. I've been waiting 6 weeks for a load unit from panasonic) and get the settings and also how the wiring is done.

4. lotusman1

lotusman1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply i have'nt even tried to set everything up yet i'm just trying to garner as much info as poss before i move house and get it all up and running!But i've been reading posts in the speaker forum and now i'm not even sure i'm going to be using the right speaker for the rear centre.I've got a mordaunt short thx package and have bought a centre speaker to use as the centre rear but the general concensus seems to lean towards using a speaker that matches the surrounds.
    I have looked in the manual and it seems to say if using one centre rear to connect it to the left ch only on the surround back panel, is this right?

Regards marc.

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Connect them to the Surround Back/Zone 2 terminals on the back. If you are only using one Surround Back then connect it to the LEFT terminal. Make sure you have selected the speakers correctly in the main speaker setup menu (i.e surround back, one speaker). Also make sure the Power Amp Assignment is set correctly and not to Multiroom/Zone 2.

6. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Jase - master of the dark side and how all things are setup! :D