1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting CD recorded to technics system

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by hugz, Nov 20, 2004.

1. hugz

hugz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've just bought a second hand technics system (about 10 years old) and I also have a secondhand cd recorded (panasonic) - the trouble is whilst there are lots of sockets at the back of the technics system, there is only one CD connection and the technics cd recorder is plugged into this, I then have two red and yellow connections (1 of each) but I have four connection coming out of my cd recorded system, and only two spaces to plug them into.

Cany anyone tell me where I'm going wrong, I've tried playing around with them, but whatever I do, I don't seem to be able to take from the technics record player to the cd recorder?

Cheers

Laura

2. Beobloke

Beobloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Laura,

The CD input of your Technics is meant for adding a normal CD player and is just an input with 2 sockets for left and right channels. What you need to do if you want to record onto your CD recorder is treat it like a good old fashioned cassette deck and plug it into the Tape inputs/outputs!

If you plug the output of the CD recorder into the tape input then you can listen to it like a normal CD player by selecting Tape on the amplifier, and then if you connect the amplifers tape output into the CD recorders input, you will be able to record onto it.

Adam.