Connecting BT Master Socket to Ethernet Cable! Help!!

chocobear

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

My mum is having awful trouble with her phone & broadband and I believe it is due to the cable from the BT Master Socket.

The BT Master Socket is in the hallway near the front door without any power sockets nearby. We have used a 10m telephone cable (this exact one Homebase - Flat Telephone Extension Lead - 10m | Homebase) from the master socket into the living room where we fitted an ADSL filter where we connect the home phone and then the network cable for the router.

The home phone works when I plug it directly into the BT Master Socket, and both the broadband and phone were working yesterday when I tried it through the filter. This morning the phone and broadband has stopped working (but the phone still works through the Master Socket). I believe the 10m cable has to be the problem. Is there a solution to invest in better telephone cable (any suggestions?) or using cat 5 cable from the master socket using an adapter (again any suggestions?)

I really look forward to any help you can offer!!

Thanks.

Try the filter at the master socket and run two cables, one for the router and one for the phone

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom