Connecting both FM and DAB Aerials

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by Nigel12, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Nigel12

Nigel12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to DAB, so looking for some help. I've search the forums and can't find the exact answer I'm looking for, but I now understand a lot more.

I have just got a new DAB tuner for my HI-Fi. A Denon TU-1800DAB. It has connections for both DAB and FM aerials. so I assume that I need both conected for a good signal when I swop between the two

I had therefore assumed that I would be able to find a wall plate with two connections, one for FM and one for DAB, but all the twin wall plates I can find seem to be TV and FM/DAB, which only gives me one aerial point for the tuner.

Does anyone know where I can get one, or am I looking for the wrong thing? Or one I fitted a DAB aerial to my system, can I just run both the FM and DAB aerial from a single point.

Some background info:

My old Tuner was plugged into a FM wall socket. The cable to that wall socket runs up into the loft into some sort of "multiplex unit" (don't know exactly what make) into which is currently plugged

A loft mounted FM aerial
    A loft mounted TV (UHF) aerial
    A feed from the my Sky+ HD box

There are then single distribution leads to most rooms in the house, which carry a combined signal.

There is a input for a DAB aerial into this unit, so I was planning on mounting a DAB aerial, plugging it in and then I would get DAB added to the combined signal.

My understanding is that its the filter in the wall plate which then takes the signal I need in that room. So currently, my main HI-FI (where the new turner is replacing an old FM only one) I have a single FM wall plate. In the main bedroom I have a wall plate that splits to TV and FM from the single cable and I run both a TV and a small Hi-Fi from that. While in the kitchen I just have a TV.

Thats why I assumed I could get a wall plate which was FM one side, DAB the other.

2. JimNoble

JimNoble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm sure I've seen one that was TV/DAB + FM. I'll see if I can find a link...

Jim