Connecting Blueray Player

bluesa1

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased a Panasonic DMP-BDT160 DVD Player and there seems to be very few connectors on the back of it.

It is connected to my TV by way of an HDMI Cable and the manual tells me that any additional speakers must be connected to the TV.

The TV that I have is a Panasonic TX-50AS650B and the receiver is a Technics SA-DA20 with Kef speakers

Can anyone tell me what connections I need to make from the TV to the receiver in order to direct the sound to the surround sound system please.

Many thanks.

Easiest way is to either run an optical cable from the blu-ray player into the receiver or from your TV to the receiver. From images I can see of your receiver online, you have 2 optical ins.

Hiya southeastjedi, thank you for coming in on my query. As soon as I came back to read your reply I realised that I had made an omission from my original post. What I forgot to mention is that there is a Sky+ box in the setup too and so this may confuse matters further. The TV is connected to the Sky+ box by HDMI cable and so the Sky+ box will need to be connected to the Technics box I imagine.

OK, easy. Just run an optical cable from the TV to the amp then. This'll give you sound from your speakers from any device connected to your TV.

Sky+ Box > HDMI > TV
Blu-ray Player > HDMI > TV
TV > Optical Cable > Amplifer

No problem, glad I could help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom