Connecting AV receiver to Dish DVR & TV

forthegoodtimes

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I have:

1) a Dish DVR VIP722k (with options for either HDMI or AV red/white/yellow cable connections)
2) a TV with multiple HDMI ports (one is ARC) and one set of AV red/white/yellow inputs
3) an old Sanyo Ultrx R35 Stereo Receiver with many sets of red/white audio inputs (I'm not sure if it has video capability -- attaching a picture) but no HDMI

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to have the DISH receiver connect so I can watch it on my TV, while hearing the sound come through the receiver-connected speakers. If connecting through some other method that I haven't mentioned comes to mind (such as optical or coaxial--I don't understand these very well), feel free to bring that up too.

Thank you for your help! :)
FF45CA91-F875-47FA-9A97-8B0FDC492A80.jpeg

As your receiver has only got analogue audio inputs, you will need to connect the video sources to your TV. If your TV has an analogue audio outputs, you could connect to your receiver that way. Or, you could run a separate analogue audio cable from the source to the receiver for audio only.

Thank you very much for all your help. Here is more info in case it helps:

Below is a link to the TV. It has a set of composite video and audio inputs (red white yellow), a single headphone/audio output jack, a digital output (optical), HDMIs, LAN, Cable Input, Ethernet.

NS32DF310NA19 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insign...rt-fire-tv-edition-tv/6247254.p?skuId=6247254

I am also attaching a picture of the back of the receiver with things actually connected. Underneath the power cord on the right is where the left and right speakers are plugged in.
02BA49FD-7935-464E-BF36-FD20A0350FC5.jpeg

Hi Rambles, there is no picture showing up. Can you post the link?

Can't see it yet (maybe it has both red and white?), but wouldn't it only send sound through one speaker?

That's odd, it's showing here. Try searching for a 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable. It will have the 3.5mm connector at one end, that will take the stereo sound out of the headphone output of your TV, and at the other end will be a pair of red / white RCA / phono connectors to input into your receiver. The headphone output will be stereo and that cable will split the left and right to the appropriate inputs of your receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom