Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Connecting audio outputs

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by markbuffyfan, Oct 29, 2004.

1. markbuffyfan

markbuffyfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a set of speakers for my panny plasma and I am trying to connect the audion outputs from my dvd recorder and ntl box to both the panny board so my wife can watch tv and also the denon av amp for watching the movies and sport.

I have bought some phono y splitters from maplin (not the ones for car hifi the others_ and the sound through the panny plasma is awful it sound like its being played through tissue paper like the cones are blown . Is there a better way of doing this ie an active phono splitter i can use what have you.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I don't understand why you need to connect the audio outputs to both the TV and the amp. Why not just connect to the amp and listen to everything via your sound system.

3. markbuffyfan

markbuffyfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    because my wife just wants to be able to switch the tv on and not have to mess around sselecting inputs on the amp, also i think it will add something to the bigger events using the full set up rather than having it on all the time and it becoming the norm.

4. markbuffyfan

markbuffyfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just a quickie I resolvwed this and am so please with the results i used a maplin supplied 4into 1 distribution amplifier i got the composite version cos i am not using the video but they also do it or can get it in svhs the sound is clear as a bell and it syncs better to the video to through the dvd recorder video outputs.