Connecting Audio-mixer to TV and Receiver

Have you tried disabling HDMI CEC (which should also disable ARC) in the TV settings when you wish to use the Karaoke App via the TV Optical Output?

Joe

When I turned off HDMI CEC and used the karaoke app, the sound came out of the TV speaker and not routed to mixer/receiver/speaker setup.

Connect an optical cable to the TV Digital Audio Out and connect the Optical to 2RCA DAC between the Optical cable and the Stereo Input on your mixer.

Then connect the 2RCA stereo Output of the mixer to a stereo input on the Amp.

You will then open up the TV settings and select External speakers or Digital Audio Out and that will route the audio to the mixer.

Joe

Hopefully I can save a lot of people some time and effort up front. I bought this unit for $100 USD on Amazon and it has Optical In and Out. Save the headaches and give this a try. (Remember to set your TV sound to PCM as well!)

Sound Town 16 Channels Wireless Microphone Karaoke Mixer System with Optical (Toslink), AUX and 2 Handheld Microphones - Supports Smart TV, Home Theater, Sound Bar (SWM16-PRO)

Always worth confirming any units you import have mics which use UK legal frequencies!

Joe
Hi Joe, I was hoping you could telle where I've gone wrong....
I have a LG 64 inch tv that My Customer would like to speaker over with a wireless mic, while using an AVR for sound. The AVR is about 50-75 ft away.
I have tried a couple different ways and still get no love.
First, I tried
From TV optical to optical extender (Vanco)
Optical extender(trans) to CAT6 riser
Cat riser to optical extender(reciever)
Optical to digital to analog converter
RCA-1/4 to mixer(berenger)
Shure wireless to mixer
1/4-rca Mixer to av3 input
This produces a rattlesnake sound
I have verified that the optical extender works when plugged directly into the AVR audio1 port with optical connection.

The other way I tried was
TV optical to D2A converter
RCA extension device to CAT6
Converter to mixer
Mixer to RCA on AVR
Same sound

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom