1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Audigy 2 to Coaxial Input

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by LiquidTV, Oct 12, 2004.

1. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,
    Is there any means to connect from the rear of an Audigy 2 PCI card to the coaxial input of my logitech surround system. At the moment it is connected from the front of the PC from the optical output of the Audigy 2. It sounds great etc but would rather it was connected from the rear. The trouble the card doesn't have an optical output at the rear but a digital jack. How can I connect to the coaxial from the jack. Is there any lead/adaptor I can buy??

2. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yes its easy,just go to maplins and get a mono 2.5mm jack to phono converter (about 75p), i had my sb live 5.1 connected like this as it had a jack socket for the spdif.

3. LiquidTV

LiquidTV
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers for that. Just to confirm that you used the rear of the PCI card to do the above as there numerous other connections at the front (optical,SPDIF etc). Also have you managed to enable 5.1 surround when playing games. I am reading numerous threads at the moment concerning this.

4. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I don't know if the audigy is any different, but my old SB 5.1 card needs a 3.5, not 2.5mm jack plug.

On the subject of 5.1 from games, unless you have a NForce sound chip on your motherboard (which i assume you don't seeing as you're using a seperate soundboard) or are very hand with AC3 filter and have a super powerful PC, you won't be able to get 5.1 surround from your games over the S/PDIF, although you could connect analogue leads from your audigy to your logitech speakers if they allow this.