Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

connecting, and copying

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by angelo, Dec 7, 2003.

1. angelo

angelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi people, i need some help, i have a yamaha amplifier/decoder with 2 optical inputs, panasonic 28" tv, 1 rgb input.
    im looking to buy the sky+ and a panasonic dvd recorder??not sure which one.

1) which is the best way to connect the yamaha, sky+, dvd recorder and tv, to get the best picture and sound that i can. eg rgb scart leads, or s-video???

2) if ive saved a film in the sky+ hdd and now want to transfer it to dvd whats the best connection to have from sky+ to panasonic dvd recorder to transfer and to remain at broadcast quality.

3) when u record a film off sky+ hdd onto a dvd, will it still have digital sound on playback.

thank you to any1 who can clarify this for me.

2. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    1. Rgb Scart

2. Rgb Scart

3. On the highest picture setting (1 hour of recording) on the pannys you can record in dolby ac3 which is a sort of quasi digital sound. But no, it won't record in 5.1 from any source.

another option would be one of the hard drive dvd recorders. Certainly a neater option and an easier one if you are going to be regularly archieving to dvd. Obviously though you lose the main pvr programing advantages of sky+ this way.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Don't forget that if the film is protected you will not be able to copy it, most box office films will not record.