Connecting an XDA Mini S to a projector?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Zedd, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Zedd

Zedd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We've recently issued all of our service engineers with XDA mini S PDAs. Everything's working fine for doing the 'day job' but we'd like to train them to be able to use many of the other 'Office' features that the device contains.

Attempting to do this with 15 engineers in a room almost needs the same number of trainers if you're going to keep everyone involved and be able to answer their specific questions.

What I'm looking for is a device that will enable me to display the 'live' screen from a PDA via a data projector... anybody know of such a device?

The XDA mini S' are running Windows Mobile v5.0. Do you need any more info?

Many thanks

2. FurryNipples

FurryNipples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The old Xda2's could be plugged into a projector through a backpack that could be added to the back of the phone. The mini S doesn't appear to have the same port so I am assuming that plugging a projector straight into the phone is impossible.

Anyway, what you could do is just take screenshots of whatever it is you are doing, as there a number of screengrab apps available for WM5, and just put them in a slide show or flash animation. That would be a bit time consuming but you could show a number of people how to do semi-complex things.