• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting an AV receiver & stereo amp to the same pair of speakers

nburgess

Standard Member
Hi,

I have an old(ish) TEAC AG-H300 (think it was part of the reference series) connected to a paid of Diamond 9.1's.
I want to know if its possible to connect an av receiver to the speakers aswell, enabling me to keep the stereo for music & have the receiver (connected to PS3) to play dvd's.
The receiver I was looking at was the Onkyo tx-sr309
Is this possible. ?
The idea would be to add to the speakers, as & when money allows.
Would appreciate your help.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Use speaker switches, but rather than have them outputting to more than one pair of speakers, use them in reverse so that the two amps are switched between the single pair of speakers.

MaturityDodger

Prominent Member
I'd be more comfortable using an actual amp switch, instead of reversing a speaker switch.
It wouldn't be unreasonable for a user to want a speaker switch to connect both pairs of speakers simultaneously. Connecting both amps to each other would be disastrous.

A designated amp switch would never let you do this.
Here's the one I've got for the exact same purpose, and would highly recommend: TC-7220 AUDIO ROUTER

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom