1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting amp to video

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jjcarteruk, Jan 2, 2004.

1. jjcarteruk

jjcarteruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

Recently bought a Denon 2803. Very happy with the sound, but a question: is there ANY benefit to connecting my TV/DVD to the video-in sockets on the back of this amp. (Or to the back of ANY amp, come to that?!?)

It just seems to add to the tangle of spaghetti dangling around the machine, yet I must assume there is some reason for the plethora of connections on the Denon.

2. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    The only use i can see for connecting video into an amp is to cut down on the amount of wires from the hifi rack to the tv.All my spaghetti is under the floor anyway.All i have conected to my amp is coax from the dvd player and a set of phonos from the tv ,does seem a waist,infact if they cut down on all the inputs i don't use the amp it would be half the sive and twice as cheap.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Dolby Pro Logic 2 for sound!
    The 2803 will convert the stereo sound from TV &/or VCR to multi-channel surround sound. This will not be as good a DD/DTS, but IMHO is a massive improvement on Nicam Stereo.
    For video though there really is no point!

Mark.