Connecting amp to panasonic TV

horslips

Standard Member
Reaction score
Help

I currently have a Panasonic l32E6B and wish to connect a Cambridge AM1 amp to use as the basis of an external sound system. However when I connect the cables there is no output to the speakers!

All advice will be appreciated.

How are you connecting the TV to the amp? Are the speakers. Producing sound from some other source are connected to the amp?

Tnks for the reply.

Currently connecting the tv via phono leads to the amp's input but no success. However if I connect the tv headphone out to the amp the speakers work therefore the problem seems to be with the tv?

Is there any issue with the model no ie does it not have phono audio out?

Few modern TV sets have sound out phono sockets fitted. And I cannot see any listed for yours. However, the good news is, if you can get it out of the headphone socket. That should also give you volume control from your TV remote

If it lacks phono outputs then consider using the TV's optical audio output instead. This can be achieved by using an external DAC connected to the S/PDIF optical audio output from the TV via a TOSlink digital optical audio cable. A DAC will convert the digital signal coming from the TV to left and right analogue signals with which you can connect to your stereo amplifier via RCA terminated coax leads. Here's such a DAC:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=430154127&pf_rd_i=468294

If your TV already has analogue audio outputs then it may simply be a matter of enabling them from within the TV's settings or you may be trying to use analogue audio connections intended for input as opposed to output?

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom