1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Amp / dvd / tv

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Bimbeemer, May 28, 2002.

1. Bimbeemer

Bimbeemer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if I can somehow connect my dvd / amp / and tv...the AV receiver is an early pro logic Marantz job with no bloody .1 ...the dvd has dts and D.D..
    loking at the back of the dvd there's connections for left, right, centre, rears and sub outputs....

I'm not sure if the amp has a optical output...and there's no scart connection.

I'm wondering if I can somehow connect this lot together to get the most from the dvd.....without having to upgrade the amp just yet...at the moment the speakers are all running off the standard tc

I'm sure i've seen a set of leads which will connect on to the 5.1 outputs on the dvd with a scart on the other end.... just not sure how its going to help me......

help anyone

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Your DVD player looks as if it has an onboard DD decoder which is output through the six phono sockets. Unfortunately unless your amp also has provision for an external decoder you will not be able to use this facility. The co-ax or optical connections on the player are also of no use as you Pro Logic amp will not have the necessary inputs..

The player should also have a pair of phono outputs for PCM (stereo) output and these should be connected to twin phono inputs on the amp and you will be able to get Pro Logic sound from your DVD player via the amp.