1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting a viera

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by The Gooner, Jan 29, 2005.

1. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi
    I have had Viera for about 5 days now.

When it was first hooked Sky reasonbly good going through RGB scart to Panny, but some channels did look very poor including BBC and ITV chans.
    I also had DVD player hooked to component on Panny.

I have now changed my connection set up to Sky svideo to svideo on Denon 2805 amp, DVD component to component on amp and amp component out to Panny Component.

Sky looks alot sharper but some chanels still slightly grainy. I believe the amp upconverts the signlas to Component is this correct.
    Also would I be loosing any quality through DVD Denon 700 by connecting through amp (I cant see any drastic depretiation)
    DVD player isnt Prog Scan but in time hope to purchase a Prog Scan Player, would I get PS through amp or would I need to connect direct to panny.

Like everyone I want the best out the kit Ive got and hope you can help me to connect everything to its best,
    I have used Thor leads from amp to panny but have cheaper very basic leads from DVD and sky to amp.

Thanks for any help

Goons

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    People say the way the Viera displays interlaced inputs from component is excellent and better than progressive inputs from suitable dvd players. I have a progressive scan dvd player and to be honest I can not tell a difference when using it on interlaced or progressive mode.

I have excellent Sky+ pictures to the Viera's RGB input using a Thor scart cable.

3. The Gooner

The Gooner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    thanks for reply

Will I loose PQ by going through amp, would I be better getting a RGB to component converter to get Sky to amp or is Svideo just as good