Connecting a turntable

L

leng

I anticipate purchasing a new amp soon, and it seems likely that it will not have an input for a moving-magnet pickup. Can I use my venerable but still servicable cyrus 1 and take the line output from tape to one of the amp line-ins or should I invest in a dedicated pre-amp for the turntable, and if so does anyone have any recommendations. This is not high-end kit, but I would like to get an acceptable sound out of my surviving vinyl.

Thanks

i'd personally use the NAD PP2 if you are spending/spent £200 or less on the turntable
The Project Phono SE if the deck was £200 - £1000
Others will have to advise on ones for better decks.

Ahh, thanks for the advice bobbypunk but I already have an aged but satisfactory turntable ... it is just that upgrading my amp is likely to lose me the dedicated mm connection that you could take for granted in the 80's & early 90's.

Nad PP2 and Project Phonobox SE are Phono Pre-amps buy the best one you can afford to get. Nad £50
Project £100

Thanks, I misunderstood your reply the first time. I'm afraid my ignorance in this field is fairly profound:)

For a better sound,you could also add the Creek obh8/se,could find one for around £100 S/H or have a look at the Graham Slee amp 1 or 2.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom