• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Connecting a Sony B300 to a Projector?

FIZZBIN2003

Established Member
Just wondering...

I currently have my Sony BDP300 linked up via HDMI connnection to my plasma - fine, no problems, everything great.

If I then - using the S Video lead - connect the same player to my Panasonic LCD Projector (can't remember off hand the name but it's 2-3 years old, maybe the AE500?) will it cause any damage to the projector?

Bit uneasy about connecting a High Def 1080 player to a lower quality (though still fine and has served me very well) projector in case it does either of them any harm.

Anybody know?

Avi

Distinguished Member
Just wondering...

I currently have my Sony BDP300 linked up via HDMI connnection to my plasma - fine, no problems, everything great.

If I then - using the S Video lead - connect the same player to my Panasonic LCD Projector (can't remember off hand the name but it's 2-3 years old, maybe the AE500?) will it cause any damage to the projector?

Bit uneasy about connecting a High Def 1080 player to a lower quality (though still fine and has served me very well) projector in case it does either of them any harm.

Anybody know?

The physical connection shouldn't cause a problem but you won't be able to output HD material over an S-Video interface.

AVI

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom