Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Connecting a Sky box to an AV amp.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Gurn, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Gurn

Gurn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could anyone tell me which is the besy way to connect my Sky box up to my Pioneer 2014i AV amp.
    Would I have to use a scart to S-video connector, or is there anyway I could use the component connector on the AV amp?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sky boxes do not output s-video on their scart sockets. The only way to get s-video is to go Sky+

To get component, you would need an RGB to component converter, and they're not cheap (at least, the ones that work are) :)

3. Wor Bobby

Wor Bobby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a bog standard Amstrad Sky decoder which has audio output (phono). If I connected those outputs to a Yamaha DSP AX 757SE, (DTV/CBL inputs), is this going to provide a stereo signal that at least can be processed as ProLogic Surround Sound. I am using a coax output from the Philips DVD-R to the Digital input on the Yamaha. to provide the 5.1 signal. :confused: