Connecting a sharp lc32gd8e to an LG VCR DVD combi

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by LCD4me, Dec 30, 2006.

Tags:
  1. LCD4me

LCD4me

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Just got a Sharp 32 inch LCD TV and I'm having problems properly connecting it to my LG VCR/DVD Combi. Basically, the problem appears to be that the TV has integrated digital freeview (great). However, the downside of this is that if you plug the ariel into the video and then run this to the TV (as I have with all my analog TVs before) then the video can only tune into the analog stations (which have much poorer receptions) and it can't find the digital signals. If I just connect the ariel to the TV directly and use the scart cables which solves the above problems, I then can't record anything :(

Can anyone enlighten me. :lease:

Sorry if the solution to this is really obvious; I'm a newbie to decent quality TV :D :

2. andyp3001

andyp3001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi there. I actually posted a similar question a while back. Someone did actually crack it, but it is way too complicated for me to do. The thing is, the TV doesn't output the DTV signal from anywhere to make easy recording. And the recording device usually relies on its own in-built tuner to record a signal from. i.e. in your case analogue. The manual hints at DTV recording being possible (page 29), but it isn't well explained at all, and we really need someone from Sharp themselves (or a TV engineer) to enlighten us fully. The best way forward is to buy a cheap spare digi-box to record from, or a DVD recorder with a DTV tuner. Sorry I can't be a bringer of good tidings!