Connecting a second TV

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by harvest, Jan 19, 2008.

1. harvest

harvest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all.
    I have a V+ box upstairs and a PACE box downstairs in the lounge. Just had a conservatory built and my spare TV is looking very nice in the corner of it. Aesthetically pleasing but no TV signal so its only for show at the moment.
    I had thought about splitting output from downstairs PACE and running a cable into the conservatory. I think that would mean I could only watch the channel that the PACE was set to. Also not sure how to do this, looking at the back of the PACE the lounge TV is fed off the scart output but could I run a co-ax cable from the "TV" output into the conservatory. Or could I split the scart output and run a lengthy scart lead into the conservatory (never seen 10m scart leads though?).
    Then realised that when the V+ box was installed upstairs the engineer left the old Pace box so I am thinking maybe I can split the input cable downstairs before it goes into the PACE and cable it to the conservatory and connect it to the spare PACE. The spare PACE does not have a card so it would still mean I would have to take the card out of the PACE in the lounge into the one in the conservatory but at least I could move around the channels without having to go back into the lounge every time.
    Any views if I am on the right track would be appreciated.

2. plasma123

plasma123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Easy. I have this exact setup.

With the pace down stairs, you will have an aerial in, aerial out. From the aerial out, just inset an aerial and run it to conservatory.You will only be able to watch whats on the pace downstairs, but its all good.

3. swannie

swannie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Have you thought about an AV sender ?

There are lots of threads on here about them. It all depends what type of STB you have.

Do you have the upstairs V+ box connected via the HDMI cable ? If the HDMI cable is connected the V+ disables the scart TV scart out, if you dont you can always send that signal downstairs and watch all of your V+ content in the conservatory. It means that the remote control will work downstairs and change over your V+ box as well.

I send the signal upstairs from my V+ box and it works really well, but you obvioulsy cant watch different channels.

Or just run the cable to the TV in the conservatory and use a 'magic eye' type device which will still allow you to turn over the STB in your lounge from the conservatory.

4. harvest

harvest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks both.
    This is really useful info. I've never heard of an AV sender (or magic eye) but but it seems just the thing I need. I'll search for postings about them to find out more.