Question Connecting a projector (Sony UBP-X800M2 and Marantz NR1710)

PiotrD

Novice Member
Hi,

I was hoping to receive assistance with respect to the doubts below. I did some research but I cannot find a direct answer to my question.

I would like to connect Sony UBP-X800M2 ("Sony") to a projector while utilising my Marantz NR1710 ("Marantz") at the same time for audio purposes. Sony is connected to the Marantz, and Marantz is connected to my TV. The Marantz has one HDMI OUT, and I would very much like for it to stay directly connected to the TV.

Sony has two HDMI OUTs, one video and audio, the other audio only. Is it possible to connect Sony to Marantz via Sony's HDMI audio only, and then, at the same time, via HDMI video and audio to the projector? Would this work, and allow for the audio to be sent via HDMI to the Marantz (and therefore to the speakers) and video to be directed also via HDMI to the projector?

If the above is not an option, would it be enough to add an HDMI splitter to the Marantz HDMI OUT and then connect the Marantz to the TV and the projector via the splitter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
Piotr

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hi Piotr

Your connectivity plan is fine:

UPB Video Out > Projector
UBP Audio Out > AVR

AVR Video Out > TV

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom