Connecting a PC to an LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by BigR, Jan 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. BigR

BigR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Hope this is the right place to post this, I was told that someone here could probally answer my question..

I bought an LG 32" LCD TV awhile back. The TV has a monitor port on it and I was provided a standard VGA Monitor cable in the box. When I follow the steps that are provided to connect my PC to my TV, all I get from the TV is an Invalid Format message. I was wondering if there was some sort of command i need to issue to get it working. Like on a laptop it is Shift+F5 when you are connecting to a projector.

My video card is a BFG 6600 GT

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. oldnewbie

oldnewbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    all the message means is that you have the resolution set to a size that the lg cant accept, just find out the native resolution of the screen (which should be 1366 by 768) and then set the pc to out put 1360 by 768 @ 60htz. please note that 1366 by 768 is not a valid input for an lcd tv and that is why it has to be 1360 by 768. I have my samsung 73bd set at 1360 by 768 @ 60htz over vga and the picture is excellent. if you cant find that resolution on your computer just go into the graphics card options and untick don't show resolutions that this monitor cant display and then click on show all resolutions and choose 1360 by768 @ 60htz and away you go. hope this helps:thumbsup:

3. BigR

BigR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,

I will give that a try when i get home from work...

:clap:

4. BigR

BigR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    everything is working great.

Thanks

5. oldnewbie

oldnewbie

Products Owned: